Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Male Erotica Writers - J. Strickland

Let's hear it for the boys, ladies.  Who doesn't love reading about sex and romance
from a male point of view?

Every Wednesday, I'll be focusing on a male erotica writer
whose works I've read and enjoyed.


Today, I'm concentrating on J. Strickland

I never dreamed that I'd be reading, let alone writing, indie erotica when I was 59 years old and first became acquainted with the works of this writer.  I belonged (and still belong) to a Facebook Group called "A Smashwords Book for Everyone" and look at its posts from time to time. I was struck by the tenderness of his stories.  They were very sexually explicit, but there was no trace of BDSM trappings that are so prevalent these days.  Some readers may call his sex "vanilla", but I like the taste of vanilla.  He put the romance back into erotic romance and that's why he caught my eye.  He allowed 30% free sampling on some of his titles, and I read almost all of them. Finally, guilt caught up with me and I broke down and purchased one of his books.



This was the one I chose because it takes place in Paris (a city I love) and had an intriguing mystery at the heart of it.  Here's the book blurb he wrote:

The arrival of a Christmas card brings back memories of a summer spent in Europe years ago during college. While there, the narrator met another American college student, a woman who he had a brief love affair with. They shared only a week together, but created memories to last a lifetime.

Here's the review I wrote:

"This is a very sexy and sweet erotic romance and I loved the way it ended."

On a personal note, J. Strickland wrote my favorite all-time review from a reader.  It was for my romance story, "High School Reunion: You Can Go Home Again" which I later made more sexually explicit and changed the title to "High School Reunion". Here's what he wrote:

"2nd Chance at Romance:
Everybody probably had at least one crush in high school. Most people might have wondered at least at some point about what ever happened to that person. What would happen if you got one more chance to get together. How would it change your life?

That’s what this story is all about. It’s a very believable depiction of wanting to see that person again, and getting to meet up. There is some unfinished business in Danielle’s past, and the reader gets to experience tying up those loose ends.

I enjoyed reading High School Reunion. It’s that second chance you might have dreamed about. It’s about giving romance the chance that should have happened a long time ago. It’s about going out on a limb to try to get what you want, now that you have experience being an adult. Give this one a read if you've ever wondered, "What if?"

High School Reunion
by Maggie May 


No comments:

Post a Comment