Tuesday, January 28, 2020

All About Maggie May: My Interview on Smashwords


My Smashwords Interview 


When did you first start writing?

When I was a child, I had trouble sleeping at bedtime, so to entertain myself, I created stories in my head. In high school, I took a Folklore and Mythology class and my teacher had us write ballads, myths, fables, and animal stories. That was the beginning of my experience as a writer. I went on to take creative writing classes in college along with several literature classes where I did a lot of reading, wrote a lot of essays, did a lot of comparing and contrasting, and ended up getting a master's degree in English.
When did you start writing erotica?

I started writing erotica later in my life. I am primarily a mystery writer and have published 14 mysteries under a different pen name. I have Smashwords to thank for helping me become an erotica writer since I read the erotic stories by other members of Smashwords Facebook groups and learned the words that erotic writers use to describe female and male genitalia in a sexy and arousing way. Before that, I could come up with titillating situations and characters for my erotic stories but didn't know how to write about body parts in a way that my readers wouldn't snicker at.
What is your latest published erotic romance?

My latest is entitled Hell on Wheels: A Sexy Western. It's told from the viewpoint of an 18-year-old girl who spent time and has lots of sexual experiences in the makeshift towns that the railroad built before the east coast and western trains met each other in Promontory Point Utah in the 1800s. I'm a train buff and love taking train trips. I'm fascinated with the building of the transcontinental railroad and have written two novels about it using another pen name. I wanted to try my hand in writing erotica starring the people who built the railroad and the prostitutes who travel with them. My erotic romance contains Male/Female/Male and Female/Male/Female threesomes. In it, I write about a compelling time in American history in a way that I hope my readers will find smokin' hot.
What are you working on now?

I'm going to be in an anthology in the summer called Down the Rabbit Hole that will include several of us writers reimaging the fairy tales we grew up reading. There will be Little Red Riding, Rapunzel, and Cinderella stories told like never before.
My group includes stories about Snow White. I was so excited about this anthology that I wrote and published a story that was meant to be included in it, so I had to write another one. The one I first wrote and published is called Naughty Snow White. In it, I write her story as an erotic romance. Naughty Snow White is anything but innocent. She steals her stepmother's diamond ring, hawks it, and then hitchhikes to San Francisco where she is taken in by seven gay dwarfs. As time goes on, she meets and falls in love with the grandson of a famous rock musician. To find out who that is, you'll have to read the erotic romance.
The Snow White Anthology will feature my new erotic story entitled Snow White and the Seven Firemen. In the erotic romance, Snow White's evil stepmother sets her house on fire with both Snow White and her father inside. Her father dies in the fire and she gets badly burned trying to save him. Saved by two firemen and now homeless, they invite her to live with them. She feels like she's died and gone to heaven when she sees how gorgeous her seven firemen roommates are. Which one of these handsome and sexy men will she choose to be her lover?

No comments:

Post a Comment